Wanderlust Brewing Company is seeking a brewer to add to our team.
This individual will assist with all aspects of the brewing process, including grain handling, brewhouse operation, fermentation monitoring and management, filtering, carbonation, kegging and bottling. This position will be hourly during training, with a potential transition to salary position. Initial hours will be 20-30 hours per week during training with transition to full time as training completes. This position will report to the head brewer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be an ambassador of the Wanderlust Brewing Company brand, and an advocate of our beers.
- Clean brewery and equipment including brewhouse, heat exchanger, fermenters, brite tanks, kegs, and general facility.
- Follow recipes and procedures to brew our beers on our 3 Barrel brewhouse.
- Monitor fermentation.
- Filter beer and manage carbonation levels in finished product.
- Transfer to package including kegs and bottles
- Basic lab work including cell counts and basic microbiological testing.
- Monitor quality through qualitative and quantitative methods and alert head brewer to any quality concerns.
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting on brewery equipment and process.
- Work as a part of a small, motivated team.
- Adhere to safety practices around the brewery.
Necessary Skills and Background
- At least 1 year brewing in a production brewery environment or formal production brewery training.
- Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards.
- The ability and aptitude to work with and troubleshoot equipment.
- Ability to lift 50lb bags of grain to chest height.
- Ability to manipulate 165lb kegs.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple processes at one time.
- Self motivated with good time management skills.
- Ability to describe beer flavors including desirable and defining characteristics of a style of beer, and ability to recognize common off-flavors in beers.
- Ability to work in a small team environment.
The Ideal Candidate Would Have
- At least 2 year of experience in a production brewery environment or formal production brewery training.
- Good mechanical skills including troubleshooting basic mechanical systems.
- Working knowledge of the brewing process including quality control and process parameters.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office (especially microsoft excel).
- Experience working to standard operating procedures and following quality standards.
- An attention to detail.
- Basic laboratory experience including cell counting and basic microbiological testing.
- A passion for learning and perfecting the beer creation process at Wanderlust Brewing Company.
- A positive attitude and a passion for Craft Beer.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.